[3830] Rus DX AA4LS(@W1/EASTPORT) SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aa4ls@hoppe.me
Subject: [3830] Rus DX AA4LS(@W1/EASTPORT) SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 23 Mar 2021 02:46:05 +0000
                    Russian DX Contest - 2021

Call: AA4LS
Operator(s): AA4LS
Station: W1/EASTPORT

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: Eastport, Maine
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

  160:    43             21         2
   80:   246             48        21
   40:   413             57        14
   20:   577             55        37
   15:     6              4         0
   10:     2              2         0
Total:  1287    0       187        74  Total Score = 1,717,641

Club:

Comments:

Huge thanks to Ray W2RE, Rock WW1X, and Lee WW2DX for granting me the privilege
of operating from such an amazing station.

Unfortunately, conditions were rough. The G2 storm and Kp6 hit hard. I started
checking my signal on the RBN a couple hours before the contest, and 20m never
seemed to open. Fortunately, around half an hour before the contest started, the
band opened. The same was true with the other bands, each one opened hours later
than usual. Fortunately, the band conditions improved during the contest, but it
still was tough.

Overall, it was a fun contest, despite the terrible condx. Hopefully it’s
better next year! Thanks again to the guys at RemoteHamRadio for giving me
access to this station.

Congrats to AA3B and K1ZZ on great efforts even with the tough condx.

Here's a quick description of the station used.

Radios: 2x Flex 6600.
Amplifiers: 2x Elecraft KPA-1500s.

Antennas:

160m: full size 4sq