[3830] WPX SSB KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB KT7E(@K7ZS) M/2 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 01:16:06 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS W7ZB KE7AUB NK7U WR7T AA0IZ KR7X
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/2 HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 48
Remote Operation

------------
  160:   18
   80:  149
   40:  846
   20: 1193
   15:  356
   10:    3
------------

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

Midway through the contest, was quite sure we would not match last year's score.
 Funny how that works?  We DID in spite of very different band conditions than
last year.

Notable: the lack of JA from this QTH on 40m ... significantly reducing our most
cherished 6 point contacts.  The return of W7ZB and his great determination and
ability to hear the weakest of stations ... which resulted in good EU runs on
20m each morning... Our multipliers were up by 100, which helped nudge the score
above last year in spite of the lower 40m Asia numbers.

The Covid Compliant operating setup we have here continues to work well - only
had a single remote station: Joe NK7U coming in from his Florida QTH to do our
late night low band work ... but the low bands were REALLY noisy, with storms in
the middle of the country making it tough duty. (and an uncovered new nuisance:
West Mountain Radio PWRgate I recently setup to keep full batteries full (pulses
and makes a helluva racket!)

Pleased to have Phil WR7T, Jack AA0IZ, Hank KR7X kick in to keep both stations
on the air the full 48 hours ... and would be criminal not to mention Andy
KE7AUB for his pair of all nighters on the 40m station - which is becoming
increasingly crowded ... Andy always does a great job for us.

We have to compliment ND7K for their ubiquitous presence and always loud signal
here ... nice to see the energy in new station building, with SO many tears shed
when brilliant stations are taken down ... the trend of late.

CU all in WPX CW!

73 Kevin K7ZS for the KT7E Club members.