[3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOAB Classic Unassisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n9tf@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB N9TF SOAB Classic Unassisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 01:44:48 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: N9TF
Operator(s): N9TF
Station: N9TF

Class: SOAB LP
Class Overlay: Classic Unassisted
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 21.5

------------
  160:   10
   80:    9
   40:  186
   20:  150
   15:   38
   10:    8
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Was rough going for this little pistol. Not even close to overall efficient rate
for the contest. Fell way short again of my planned goal of 700+ Qs. Gave up
early on trying to call CQ on 20. Lots of bruises to show for those attempts!
Lots of DX CQd in my face on 20m Saturday. Sunday was a bit better but
struggled. 40 was only band that I was actually able to successfully establish a
run, that registered on the clock. It was busy for about 15 minutes, then dried
up quickly. 80 and 160 were pretty useless. 80 was the worst. Heard quite a few
stations calling CQ Saturday night/Sunday morning on 80 in the high noise level,
but most did not hear me calling them back. Nice surprise to work ZM4T early
Saturday morning on 40m after local SR, and then two VKs Sunday morning, also
after SR on 40.
Unique DX tally was 62, but left quite a few on the table that should have been
easy. Soooooo many repeats for numbers. Really slowed things down even more
S&Ping, waiting for stations to complete a Q due to the repeats. So many ops
over lapping each other QRMing, added to the need for repeats. Gave me a
headache. Time for a double clean Bourbon before bed ;)
Thanks for the Q's

73 Gene, N9TF

Rig, K3s 100 watts, Antennas, 2 element triband at 37' and low hanging wires for
40/80/160.