[3830] WPX SSB K2DRH SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2drh@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB K2DRH SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 29 Mar 2021 18:59:59 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: K2DRH
Operator(s): K2DRH
Station: K2DRH

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs):

------------
  160:    0
   80:   19
   40:  809
   20:  294
   15:   48
   10:    0
------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Not much to say this time.  Spent a lot less time in the daytime than I wanted
to since family and friends (some from out of the blue) seemed to all want to
check in and chat.  With the windy and stormy WX there were times I was off the
air.  N2KMA was feeling poorly all weekend and needed a lot of attention too.

15M was difficult at best.  10 non-existent.  80 was quiet Friday night but I
got there too late since it tears up the TV a little because one leg of the wire
goes right over the house and N2KMA stayed up well after EU greyline watching a
very long movie.  By Saturday morning it was s9 plus QRN and stayed that way the
rest of the weekend, so no RX antennas really hurt.  20M was jam packed both
days and impossible to hold a spot for long with a tribander.

40M was wall to wall also but I got in some decent runs below 7.200 and defended
my turf with some loud Euros suddenly CQing right in my face.  I did search and
pounce on the other slice and was working Eu DX on one call so I know I was
loud.   I held some great 40M spots during prime time and yet rates were not
spectacular and most of my callers were domestic – thankfully with a lot of
Canada and some wild prefixes to get some points and mults going!  That was fine
since I was going for Qs to raise my SMC lifetime challenge stats and not for
score anyway.   Had a goal of a least 1000 Qs ... made that anyway.