[3830] WPX SSB C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WPX SSB C4W(5B4WN) SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 03 Apr 2021 23:08:18 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, SSB - 2021

Call: C4W
Operator(s): 5B4WN
Station: 5B4WN

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Nicosia
Operating Time (hrs): 36
Radios: SO2R
Remote Operation

------------
  160:    0
   80:   19
   40:  702
   20: 1202
   15: 1215
   10:    0
------------

Club:

Comments:

I have been unable to go back to Cyprus since September 2020 due to COVID19
restrictions so essential maintenance to the station has been neglected. My 80m
antenna can only work on LP (thanks to 5B4XF for making this happen at least on
LP), and I had issues with 10m (luckily it was not a problem for this contest).
I had to reset my flex 3 hours into the contest and I couldnt switch it back on!
It took 6 hours to get my station operational once again by getting my 85 year
old non-HAM dad to rewire things step by step over the phone! Thanks dad! I
missed some very good rate hours but managed to get back in the contest and
still operate for 36 hours in total (although that meant that I only manged 6
hours sleep). Some good rate hours and I quite enjoyed working mults using
packet. I had a go with remote SO2R and that worked too reasonably well with a
single Flex radio. My score was better than last year although the 6 hours I
lost at the beginning would have probably given me a better score. Bad
propagation to the US and JA meant lower that expected mults. I was looking
forward to getting some rest on Monday after the contest post finishing work but
ended up having to stay at work and do more delicate stuff for the whole of
Monday night till Tuesday morning.... not ideal! CQ WPX SSB was the first
contest I ever took part some ~34 years and remains a favourite.. CU next year