[3830] 222SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 222SprngSprnt K1TEO Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 14 Apr 2021 20:10:33 +0000
                    222 MHz Spring Sprint - 2020

Call: K1TEO
Operator(s): K1TEO
Station: K1TEO

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: FN31/CT
Operating Time (hrs): 3.25

Total:  QSOs = 59  Mults = 23  Total Score = 1,357

Club:

Comments:

Condx didn't seem very good this time. Many stations normally easy to work were
harder than usual to complete with or not worked at all. I did hr AA4ZZ on FT8 a
few times for the furthest station hrd. NG4C was in many consecutive sequences
on FT8 but not hring me for some reason.

I ran into a problem early on as my TS2000 with xvtr was tripping the overdrive
protection  on my Beko amp even at minimal drive. After I while I hooked up my
FT736R with a manual switch to try that as the driver. That worked fine with the
amp,  indicating the issue is likely the brief xmit spike on the TS2000 causing
the amp to trip. But my ARR preamp I use with the 736R was not working and that
rig is deaf without a preamp. How deaf? About 9 PM when I was frustrated not
working much, I started using the manual switch to rx on the xvvtr/TS2000 while
using the 736R on xmit. I could easily do an A/B comparison and found that
stations that were Q5 on the xvtr were often inaudible on the preamp-less 736r.
So if you called and I didn't respond the first half of the contest that may be
why.

Anyway, while it was frustrating it was still fun. 222 is always a great band
and fun to get on. Tnx for the Q's and now onward to 432!

Jeff K1TEO