[3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] FlQP K0HC(W0BH) SchoolMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2021 03:58:18 +0000
                    Florida QSO Party - 2021

Call: K0HC
Operator(s): W0BH
Station: K0HC

Class: SchoolMixed HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

   40:   11      2
   20:  162    130
   15:
   10:
--------------------
Total:  173    132  CW Mults = 64  Ph Mults = 46  Total Score = 52,580

Club: Hesston College ARC

Comments:

Log has been uploaded to LOTW and submitted to the QSO party sponsor.

Great fun to hear the mobiles zipping around Florida again this year! The
pileups were amazing, especially on Sunday afternoon, and it was fun to work
AA4TI portable from several counties each day.

Top mobiles with 8 or more Qs were N4CW(16), K4OJ(16), AD4EB(15), K1XX(15),
N4FP(12), W4AN(12), K8MR(8) and AA4TI/P(8). K1XX wins the consistently loudest
mobile into Kansas award.

We went camping on Saturday afternoon and Sunday until noon, so I missed out on
the low-band fun on Saturday evening. I missed HER, LEE and CLM on CW for the CW
Sweep, but I know they were on, so no complaints.

For the mixed Sweep, I needed OKA and saw that W4AN and AD4EB were both going
there near the end on Sunday. W4AN hit WAL first and he was louder than AD4EB
who wasn't far behind, so I stayed with him to get him as soon as he crossed
into OKA. About the time he should have been there, he sent HOL, so he changed
up his route and must have turned back a county short. I switched to AD4EB who
was still in WAL. He did cross into OKA and I got him on my first call for the
Mixed Sweep.

I'm really hoping next year we can go back to having students operate. This
year, Hesston College changed up their schedule and made FQP weekend the weekend
before finals, so it just didn't work out. That should change next year.

I really hope to get to Florida one of these years and play mobile myself.
Thanks to all for the Qs!

73, Bob, w0bh
trustee, k0hc
Hesston College ARC