[3830] 7QP W7YAQ SOMixed QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP W7YAQ SOMixed QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 17:27:17 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2021

Call: W7YAQ
Operator(s): W7YAQ
Station: W7YAQ

Class: SOMixed QRP
QTH: ORDES
Operating Time (hrs): 17.5

  160:    9
   80:   92     10
   40:  192     14
   20:  255     25      1
   15:    2      1
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  550     50      1  Mults = 60  Total Score = 105,240

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

I thought condx were really good on 20, 40, and 80.  I had EU stations call me
on 20!  The later starts of the IN, DE, and New England QSO parties gave the
rate a boost and provided needed mults.  I was really surprised to get through
to the 1-Area on 40 and 80 with my 5 watts.

My neighbor W7XQ, 3-miles as the raven flies through the junipers, was doing so
well on 20 SSB that after a half dozen tries I gave up trying to break his
pile-up.

During the last hour of the contest, all signals on 80 and 160 had a gargling
sound (auroral event?).  I'm glad that didn't happen during the bulk of the
contest.

Went to 20 RTTY many times to try to get something going.  Only heard W7AI from
7-land but didn't make the Q.  Many ARI stations on.  Only RTTY Q was an IK6 who
replied to my CQ 7QP!

88 7-land counties worked.  Missed LA, ND, SD, and all Canada except VE2-VE7.  7
DXCC worked.

Took lots of short breaks to keep going, but the Fitbit counter only registered
1300 steps for Saturday.  That will improve today when the 2-year old
grand-daughter arrives.

Gear:
K3 at 5.0 watts
3-el Steppir with 40 dipole at 70 feet.
80 inverted V at 65 feet
160 shunt-fed tower

All in all, great activity and lots of fun.

73,
Bob W7YAQ