[3830] 7QP K7NJ SO(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k7nj@awinets.com
Subject: [3830] 7QP K7NJ SO(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 May 2021 19:54:42 +0000
                    7th Call Area QSO Party - 2021

Call: K7NJ
Operator(s): K7NJ
Station: K7NJ

Class: SO(A)CW HP
QTH: UT - Iron County
Operating Time (hrs): 17

  160:    28
   80:   226
   40:   362
   20:   503
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
----------------------------
Total:  1119    0       0  Mults = 65  Total Score = 217,425

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Very high winds messed up the rotator on the 4 element SteppIR. I thought the
antenna was pointing to W1 and Europe when in fact it was pointing out to the
Pacific. The direction of the antenna was wrong for most of the contest. I was
thinking that California is sure strong - must be excellent conditions (hi).
After discovering that it was not possible to rotate the antenna sufficiently,
I put the SteppIR into reverse mode and worked for at least 3 or 4 hours off the
back of the antenna while reversing the pattern.