[3830] NewEngQP WO1N Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NewEngQP WO1N Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 04 May 2021 16:45:55 +0000
                    New England QSO Party - 2021

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 11

   80:    187       0
   40:    230       0
   20:    270       0
   15:     14       0
   10:      4       0
------------------------
Total:    705       0  Mults = 64  Total Score = 90,240

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station: Ftdx5000, C3-SS@38', 40MDi@60', 80MVertDi, N1MM+

Soapbox:

 Seriously insane rates. The 4PM start is nice but I made
the mistake of getting involved in some yard projects that
took longer than expected. First Q was 24 minutes after the
start and I experienced the effect, "wow, these guys are
sending really fast" once I sat down in the chair.

 However, dinner, shower and a powernap later the experience
was "Zen CW" where I was picking callsigns out of pretty
decent pileups almost magically. N1MM+ says one 110 hour but
many 50+Q run in excess of of 150/hr.

 K1VUT was out there with a decent LP CW only score and
I guessed K1XM was probably LP but not reporting on the
scoreboard. Since I wasn't going to generate a competitive
score, I sacrificed myself to the propagation gods and
made many attempts to open 15 and 10. Non-productive.
I suspect 15 could have supported rate, but could not
generate responses to my CQs despite working stations
as far south as Florida and west to Illinois.

 Stations reporting to the online scoreboard was
disappointingly low. It was quite a spectacle watching
AK1W (K5ZD) and K1ZZ duke it out with massive Q counts.

 This was a lot of fun.

73,

Ken - WO1N