[3830] Volta RTTY KG4IGC SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] Volta RTTY KG4IGC SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 09 May 2021 16:51:14 +0000
                    Volta RTTY DX Contest - 2021

Call: KG4IGC
Operator(s): KG4IGC
Station: KG4IGC

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 6:37

   80:    5     5
   40:   63    28
   20:   32    24
   15:    1     1
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  101    58  Total Score = 5,869,716

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

This was a tough contest, very slow going. Twenty was open to EU, but signals
were very weak all day. 15 was sorta open, but I was only able to work one
station. 40 was pretty much closed most of the day, and was not much better in
the evening. I made a bunch of Q's with US stations and a mix of South America,
Central American, and Caribbean stations with a few EU and Russian stations in
the mix. Best Q all day was to the Aland Islands. 80 was very noisy, tried
several times to run & do S&P, but only 5 stations were found between
8PM and midnight. I set a goal to try to make it to 100 Q's, it took two and a
half hours to get the last 15. Worked K7OM, the loudest station on earth today
hihi.(Ted lives about 7 miles from me)

Rig: FT-DX3000
PWR: 100 watts
Antennas: 272\' horizontal loop, NA4RR Hex Beam, Ground mounted Gap Challenger,
2X 20/40 Super Loops, Maco V5/8 10 meter vertical
SDRPlay RSP1, RSP-DX

Love competitive contesting and live in South Carolina? Check out South
Carolina\'s premier contesting club! swampfoxcontestgroup.com