[3830] WPX CW WA3AER SOAB TB-Wires HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, thbauer@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WA3AER SOAB TB-Wires HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 00:21:28 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WA3AER
Operator(s): WA3AER
Station: WA3AER

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: TB-Wires
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 23:40

------------
  160:
   80:   22
   40:  293
   20:  492
   15:   70
   10:   34
------------
Total:  911  Prefixes = 496  Total Score = 1,123,440

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Color me shocked and awed. The most Qs I've ever done in a contest and my
highest raw score. The original plan was 600 Qs. Friday evening got me off to a
good start with 20M open later than expected with contacts to VK, ZM, and 3D2 (a
first). Went late to 40M and subsequently late to 80M for very few contacts
there. 40M was hopping. Headed to bed at 05Z, got 5 hours sleep and went to it
Saturday only to be disappointed. Overnight rain again got into the rotator
bulkhead connector lousing up its operation; and band activity was pretty slow
for me...Until the evening when things lit off again. Somewhere in the afternoon
I discovered that 0deg heading worked better than the usual 40 for EU (!). Again
a 2nd late night which put me out of commission until Sunday afternoon. Saturday
closed with about 750 Qs in the log. Faced with a late start Sunday and
Saturday's so-so afternoon, I didn't have much hope of making more than 800 in
the log. But, 10 and 15M both provided some unexpected action for me. It sure
kept my BIC longer than  had Sunday afternoon been like Saturday's was.
YES, Virginia, when there's action, you forget about a lot of other things!

And, it is always a pleasure to work your friends and stations from prior event
AGAIN. I only ran into one person who insisted I was in his log when that was
not the case.

So, tomorrow's project is to tear apart the rotator bulkhead connector to see
why/how water is penetrating the tape, etc.

73, tnx for the Qs your patience when I asked for number fills when I'd type
something in and realize I had made a keyboarding mistake.

---
Ted   WA3AER

EQT.: K3/P3
      KPA500/KAT500
      Hexbeam (35 ft); 80/40M loaded dipole (35 ft)
      N1MM+