[3830] WPX CW K5WA SOAB Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k5wa@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW K5WA SOAB Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 04:39:08 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: K5WA
Operator(s): K5WA
Station: K5WA

Class: SOAB HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 6:48
Remote Operation

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  109
   20:  603
   15:   33
   10:
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

The worst thunderstorms I've experienced kept me to only 3 hours of operating
during this first effort at a full contest remotely.  About 5 am
Saturdaymorning, I noticed a server wasn't responding any more so I drove an
hour to the station just to make sure something major had not occurred but
somehow, the Raspberry Pi server had gotten corrupted and I just needed to
install a backup to get it running again.  Since I was there anyway, I worked on
a tower elevator I'm going to use for some tower work on Friday.  When I got
home, I got another 3 hours in before I got a report of bad keying.  Even though
I had the QRQ choice turned on in this borrowed K3, it apparently has problems
over 34-35 wpm.  I decided to call it a weekend and my wife thought remote
contesting was pretty good because of that.

Oh well, I'm dying to get a pair of K4s which should come in 30-45 days but at
the moment, radio is pretty tough.  Life goes on.  ;-)

Other than the storms, conditions seemed awesome.  Wish I had been able to play
more.

73,
Bob K5WA