[3830] WPX CW NS3T SOSB10 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ns3T@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW NS3T SOSB10 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 15:27:10 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: NS3T
Operator(s): NS3T
Station: NS3T

Class: SOSB10 LP
QTH: MDC
Operating Time (hrs): 2

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  73
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

All was working fine in the shack on Wednesday.  We had a big storm blow through
on Thursday, so I disconnected the rigs, etc.  Came down into the shack on
Saturday to get on the air, and both of my remote antenna switches worked for
about 15 seconds and then blew fuses.

I went outside in the rain to check the connections and nothing seem fried.
Inside, my SO2R filters were still in line and okay.  Power supplies to the
radios and other shack items all worked okay - so it didn't seem to be a
lightning strike or power surge.

I was able to hook up one of my 10 meter dipoles, so I made an hour of QSO's on
Saturday and another hour on Sunday to hand out the NS3 prefix.

Now as I write this on Monday, both antenna switches are working perfectly.  I
opened them up and there was no water inside (and no cicadas, either).  I'm not
quite sure what the problem was.  I guess Murphy really did not want me to work
this contest.

73 NS3T