[3830] WPX CW W1DYJ SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] WPX CW W1DYJ SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 31 May 2021 17:58:25 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: W1DYJ
Operator(s): W1DYJ
Station: W1DYJ

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: EMA
Operating Time (hrs): 11:15

------------
  160:    0
   80:   15
   40:   92
   20:   93
   15:   29
   10:    8
------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Given my still poor but improving CW skills, this was a casual
effort.  Although CW contests are my favorite, my brain needs
lots of "off-time" during CW contests so it can cool down...

My goals:
   1 - A personal best >> check!  (score = 135% of previous best.)
   2 - AK on 80M to complete 5BWAS in MA >> I got up both mornings
       for gray-line propagation, but no joy. :(
   3 - VK6 to complete WAZ >> yes! Saturday morning @ 5:51 local,
       on 40 of course.
   4 - Improve CW copying >> somewhat. I still need to copy an
       exchange before calling, but by Sunday (if <25 wpm) I was
       getting all four digits most of the time on the first hearing.

Tactically, I mostly chased whatever mults were available on
whatever band(s) were open.  A pleasant change, there were always
plenty of stations to chase on some band.  By Sunday afternoon it
became rather slow, as there were plenty of stations calling CQ,
but (as stated above) I had to wait for another station to call
them so I could copy their exchange once, before I called them.

I do enjoy this contest, but I REALLY need to spend the prior
week next year PRACTICING CW digits!

Rig: TS-590SG
Log: N3FJP's CQ WPX 4.9
Antennas: