[3830] WPX CW WX3B SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wx3b@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] WPX CW WX3B SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 01 Jun 2021 22:03:07 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: WX3B
Operator(s): WX3B
Station: WX3B

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: Maryland
Operating Time (hrs): 17

------------
  160:    2
   80:   99
   40:  378
   20:  756
   15:   64
   10:    0
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

I truly enjoyed the improved 20-meter conditions and band opening on 15 meters.
I felt 15 was open FAR BETTER than my actual callers indicated.  both 40 &
80 were excellent Friday evening I ignored the temptation to start Friday night
on 20 and got down to it with a good amount of 6 pointers on 40.  Switched to 80
and worked a good number of the stations with the same call signs all over
again.  40 & 80 QSOs were gathered almost exclusively by running.

Arrived at 6:00am on 20 meters, confident I would be there before the band was
wildly open.  WRONG…I was actually LATE to the party!!  The band was
completely open and took several hours before my run started to dry up.  I
switched to 15 meters, which was FULL OF LOUD SIGNALS FROM EUROPE!!  Sat down on
a nice quiet run frequency and prepared for the onslaught of callers.  It never
happened; I never got a good run going.  I kept calling CQ and not much
happened.  It didn't make sense, based on how great the band sounded, and I
wasn't smart enough to keep pouncing.  Back to 20 I went for a relatively slow
but steady run.  20 got much better as the afternoon got later and later, and
finally it was time to QSY back to 40 for some more 6 pointers, and I decided to
call it a night by about 8:00pm.  Was excellent hearing all the PVRC activity
and saying hello to friends.  After doing 100% single-operator entries since the
pandemic started, I am looking forward to hosting and joining multi-ops again
soon!!

73,

Jim  WX3B