[3830] WPX CW N5JJ SOSB40 Unassisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, n5jj@att.net
Subject: [3830] WPX CW N5JJ SOSB40 Unassisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 02 Jun 2021 05:30:53 +0000
                    CQWW WPX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: N5JJ
Operator(s): N5JJ
Station: N5JJ

Class: SOSB40 HP
Class Overlay: Unassisted
QTH: Texas
Operating Time (hrs): 22

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  827
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  827  Prefixes = 487  Total Score = 1,167,339

Club:

Comments:

Well,  after four years I've finally been able to get my 3 element 40meter yagi
back on the air and on the tower.  Was able to do a lot of work to withstand the
elements here in Texas.  Decided to go 40m high power only.  Started great on
Friday evening,  however,  after several hours severe storms rolled thru and I
had to shut down for over 3 hours.  This killed me as there was really no way I
could reach any of my goals and it killed my enthusiasm.  After I could return
the static crashes almost made the effort useless.  I was able to enjoy this
fantastic antenna and calls from all over the world.  My high point was working
Saudi Arabia who was very weak and no other North American stations were able to
make contact with him while I listened.  The down side is every station in
Europe with a dipole at 20 feet and 50 watts were calling me and I wasted a lot
of time trying to copy these stations.  By late Saturday I quit wasting my time
and just continued calling until a station called that I could copy.  I think I
started too late on Saturday and Sunday afternoon because even though the band
sounded closed,  once I started calling I worked folks all over North America
and even Europe.  I was working EU at 4:30 in the afternoon.  This antenna again
proved to me that it is very big time,  however,  I probably should have stayed
on 20m single op as that was the better band.  Though very full of activity,  I
thought I would have had better runs than I did on 40m.  Plus the static crashes
killed me.  I use a FTDX9000D that cuts the noise but even this rig had its
hands full.  I had a good time and got lots of practice to be a better op.
Thanks to everybody who worked me and cu in the next one.