[3830] ARRL June VHF K9DR Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9DR@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K9DR Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2021 03:23:55 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  234    94  Total Score = 21,996

Club:

Comments:

For Ladder Points...darn it!
Things started off pretty good on Saturday, but not much success on Sunday.
When FT8 petered out on Sunday, I went to the MSK group and tried with a couple
of guys, but they were one-way affairs.  On one, where I had the beam pointed
due south, I noticed my noise level had gone crazy and I wasn't copying any
pings.  Normal level of -143 dBm had jumped to -122 dBm!  Did some snooping
around the neighborhood with an old HT tuned to 50.310 and found the source...my
neighbor's garage lighting. He turned them off and back to normal. Will have to
work on that with him soon.

In any case, the QSO count was 5 CW, 40 SSB and 189 FT8.  All were made in two
quick sessions on Saturday afternoon.  I kept the P3 open to 200 kHz, so I could
keep an eye out for activity around 50.125.  When I saw some blips, I jumped
down and grabbed what I could.  Did the same with CW, but the activity was
almost nil.

Happy to work a bunch of Outlaws.  Ned, the DM52 signal was fantastic up here.
Bob, the screwdriver did pretty good too!

73,

Dan - K9DR