[3830] ARRL June VHF W5MX Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W5MX Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 11:37:42 +0000

  3.4:    0     0
  5.7:    0     0
  10G:    0     0
  24G:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  194    74  Total Score = 14,356

Club: Kentucky Contest Group

Comments:

Drove down to the contest site Saturday AM to set up some sort of 6 meter
antenna (only have HF stuff down there at the time). Climbed tower #4 which is
only 1/2 finished 55g at 50 ft. I slipped a short piece of pipe over the top of
one of the tower legs and installed a 5 el cushcraft with a cord tied to it for
a "rotator" hihi. What the heck, it worked. Felt good to be back on
the tower again, been almost 2 years, last year was a bust for me.  Also built
and put up a delta loop at about 35 ft. Always good to have options!
In any case, certainly FT8 dominated this contest. Only at a few times during
peak activity was there much on cw or ssb for that matter. Ended up doing more
dx'ing than anything as I have not operated a lot on 6. Worked several out of
western EU, CU3, IT9 and EA8 so I was happy with that.
Need an amp, just ran about 80w to the antenna. Need an amp to run some power as
I heard a ton of EU dx (especially early Sunday AM) that could not hear me.
Will be more prepared for the next one!
Thanks all and 73's
Bryan
W5MX