[3830] ARRL June VHF K2ET/R Rover LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2et@outlook.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF K2ET/R Rover LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 13:38:59 +0000

  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  238    34  Total Score = 15,776

Club: Rochester VHF Group

Comments:

Pictures and Detailed Summary Available at www.k2et.net

I pretty much went into this one knowing that it was going to be more of a
casual effort than I’ve put in the last few years, so cracking 10K was
shocking to me. I scheduled another event on Sunday without thinking (a 5k in
which I actually placed top 10, so it felt a mildly worth burning some contest
time), but that pretty much crushed my Sunday morning when I would normally sit
in FN12. Bundle that with a couple issues on 902, and 2304, that happened to be
a single simple fix (who’d’ve thunk a voltage drop would power off the 817?
Not my tired self apparently), but hindered a little more time than expected on
Saturday evening, and we have a miracle to even be on the air as much as I was.

N2JMH takes the only 7 band sweep in all four grids, though KF2MR/R, and N2OA
take close seconds. Thank you for getting on within minutes of setup at pretty
much every site, and to all others that gave it a go and running through them
even if we didn’t make the contact, the effort was appreciated. This June was
a downgrade in antennas for 2304 - last June I caught a wind gust in the last
three hours of the contest that took the tripod over, and broke the feed on my
dish, and it still sits broken in the garage. Hoping to add at least one looper
before January (or maybe September if I can get myself motivated to get on this
year).