[3830] ARRL June VHF W1DYJ SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, larryb@alum.mit.edu
Subject: [3830] ARRL June VHF W1DYJ SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2021 17:06:25 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  98     55  Total Score = 5,775

Club: North East Weak Signal Group

Comments:

Knowing it was to be a busy weekend, and with some unexpected
family priority interrupts added, this was a shortened effort.
My 24th year as a participant.  My best score was last year.
This year ended up being modest at about a quarter of my best.

My contacts by band/mode:
 Band       CW   Phone     Dig   Grids
 ----       --   -----     ---   -----
    6        3      13      59      42
    2        0      16       0       8
   70        0       7       0       5

Although I really don't like FT8 for contesting, one goes to where
the Qs are.  Whenever I had a chance to operate, I would start on
6-FT8 until the rate dropped, then go to 6-CW/PH and S&P the band,
then switch hardware and S&P on 2 and 432.  Never did hear any CW
on those two bands.  Never heard any FT4 whenever I checked 6m.
Never checked for FT8/4 on 2 or 432.

I did pick up IM12 for my 423rd grid / 410 confirmed on 6m.

Equipment:
      6m:   TS590SG -> 7 el HB at 30 ft
      2m:   TS2000  -> 12 el K1FO (K1WHS) at 36 ft
      70cm: TS2000  -> M^2 440-18 at 33 ft
Software:
      N3FJP VHF Log v 6.6
         [with direct connection to WSJT-X for FT8]

73 -- Larry -- W1DYJ