[3830] ARRL FD KT4ZB 1D HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4zb@aol.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KT4ZB 1D HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jun 2021 19:40:46 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:   0     227      0  Total Score = 227

Club: Coastal Amateur Radio Society

Comments:

Well this OM can still have fun playing radio. While not being able to do field
day as I once could, I still had fun passing out contacts from home. And, the
highlight of the day was pointing over North Pole about 10 PM and working into
Canada and the upper parts of US. Then – BAM – the band opened up. 1st there
was a VE8 from the Northern Territories and then I worked a couple of VE7s from
British Columbia, VE6s from Alberta a very loud VE1 Maritime, R6FF from Russia
along with a host of Minnesota, Wisconsin and base stations. And in the
background I kept hearing a "Kilo Kilo" that turned into L1K… Then
it seemed to be "Kilo1London" so I finally said "who is the
LK??" And eventually as he kept running all the letters together figured
out that it was 4L1KK, Georgia in Eastern Europe. So it was a wonderful Georgia
to Georgia contact followed by Alaska and an Ocean Henry 2 from Finland. Ham
radio doesn't get much better than this.

I was only on the air for about 3 1/2 hours and 20 m was the money band this
weekend as 15 m had very little activity the couple of times I checked. Since I
can only work in 20 to 30 min. shifts and feel physically comfortable, I did not
really spend much time on 40 or 80 m; so I'm sure I missed some of the east
coast stations. States I missed include Hawaii, Wyoming, Mississippi, Kentucky,
Alabama, Maine, Vermont, New Hampshire and of all things Pennsylvania. Missed
being with the CARS field day group.

Thanks for all the Qs – Jere

Flex 6400, Quadra amplifier, TH-6 tri-bander and N1MM