[3830] ARRL FD W4MLB 2F LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, vk8tx@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD W4MLB 2F LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 01 Jul 2021 03:30:58 +0000
                    ARRL Field Day - 2021

Call: W4MLB
Operator(s): AD4ES AF4Z K2MRK K4AOQ K4ILG K4JC K4MGU KO4CEQ KO4NID KO4OOO
KO4PHN K5LD KG5OA K8RAR KD8AN K9ES N1ZZ NB4C NR4E N4EN N4KCT N8KH W1BQ W4EE
W4GAL W7TSO
Station: W4MLB

Class: 2F LP
QTH: SFL
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:     0     6      0
   40:   584    93      0
   20:   596    65      0
   15:     0   162      0
   10:    86     0      0
    6:
    2:
  222:
  432:
  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  1266   326      0  Total Score = 7,332

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

HF score was 5716.  Bonus score was 1616 (GOTA, Media, Satellite, Bulletin,
Education, Gov site visit, VHF, etc.)

After dealing with COVID-19 restrictions for 2020, PCARS was back in full swing
for Field Day 2021!

The club went all out at its 2F location. Hot dogs were cooked up for lunch,
& this was the 1st lunch at Field Day in years. Pizza was delivered for the
evening meal & evening/overnight operators.  We were blessed with very
little or no rain, but as always, the brutal Florida heat was present & we
made sure that there was plenty of water on ice, to keep everyone hydrated.

Among the visitors that came to the site was Mickey Baker N4MB, ARRL Southeast
Division Director, on his way south after a long day. Mickey met with the club
members that were present over pizza, & everyone enjoyed Mickey's visit.

As far as operating goes, we encountered some technical issues, vs band
conditions. Once our issues were resolved, the teams went to town. 15 Meters
especially opened up yesterday in the afternoon & we got quite a few
contacts on 15. 10 opened long enough to get just a few contacts.

The GOTA station rocked with 211 QSOs, the Satellite Station got 26 QSOs, the 6
Meter Station got a mere 9 QSOs. The CW & SSB did the rest!!

All in all, the group had a great time & everyone was glad to be back,
working Field Day as it was meant to be worked.

As always, lists are generated on what we can do better or different for next
year. We will be looking at things for next year's Field Day.

Looking forward to Field Day 2022!!

K5LD
PCARS 2021 Field Day Chairman