[3830] RAC Day VA7DX(@VE7SCC) SOAB/CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Day VA7DX(@VE7SCC) SOAB/CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 00:20:27 +0000
                    RAC Canada Day Contest - 2021

Call: VA7DX
Operator(s): VA7DX
Station: VE7SCC

Class: SOAB/CW HP
QTH: Coquitlam, BC
Operating Time (hrs): 06:39

  160:
   80:
   40:    1     0        1         0
   20:  311     0       10         0
   15:   85     0        6         0
   10:   12     0        2         0
    6:
    2:
Total:  409     0       19         0  Total Score = 39,406

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

A very relaxed effort to have some fun and provide another VE7 to those who
participated. It was also an opportunity to see how my radio performed after
swapped external power supplies....it worked like a charm...no more CW timing
issues.

Conditions were variable on 20 with very rapid QSB and lots of signals at ESP
level. The usual strong stateside stations and the occasional very strong
European stn.

It was great to see some activity on 15 and 10m. What was very interesting was
listening to K1P storming in on 15 toward the end of the contest an yet
virtually no one else on the band. It was open and I worked a number of stns
after calling. I also heard K1P on 10m in the last hour and a half but they were
readable but weak and didnt hear me. just goes to show the band is open even
though there may not be a lot of signals showing.

Equipment:
Flex6700, Acom2000, multi band quad (4el 10 - 20, 2el 30 & 40) at 85'. I
also used a 20M5 and TH7 for diversity when required.

Logger - N1MM+

Thanks to all who took the time to drop by.

Looking forward to the next one!

73
Neil
VA7DX