[3830] ARRL FD KB4CG 1B LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL FD KB4CG 1B LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 02 Jul 2021 18:34:00 +0000

  903:
  1.2:
  2.3:
  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
----------------------------
Total:  847     62      0  Total Score = 3,512

Club:

Comments:

Excellent activity + excellent conditions = Great Field Day!  Many thanks for
all the contacts, and it was great fun to operate FD again in the 1B category
this year.  Operation was CW for the first 22 hourse, and SSB in the last 2
hours of the event.

There are highlights too numerous to mention specifically, but working KH6RH on
15m about 30 minutes after the event started, and W1AW on 40m Saturday night
were memorable moments.

Of course, Field Day always has its set of unique challenges, like running out
of gas during a QSO!  After sending my exchange to a station that answered my
CQ, my radio powered down, and the generator was out of gas!  After refueling
and repowering the radio, my contact vanished, so unfortunately I lost that
contact!  And another station had promptly replaced me by calling CQ on that
frequency, so time to find another frequency! That's Field Day!

It was great to hear 15 and 10 meters open again!  The short skip on 15 and 10
on Sunday morning made it very interesting, and made a large number of otherwise
unreachable stations from my QTH in VA workable!  I did, however, run into
problems loading on 10 meters -- the radio shut down after increasing the power
above 25 watts!  So, I was limited to 20 watts, but I was nevertheless able to
work everyone I heard!

In short, it was a fantastic event, and I look forward to next year!