[3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w8fn@windstream.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT W8FN Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 07 Jul 2021 14:27:18 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 1300Z Jul 7

Call: W8FN
Operator(s): W8FN
Station: W8FN

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 1:00

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:  112
   20:    7
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  119  Mults = 117  Total Score = 13,923

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

This one was pretty disappointing. A run on 40 started off well, but I soon got
clobbered by an extremely strong digital garbage signal. It sounded a lot like
what you heard in days gone by using a receiver with poor IMD performance in a
big contest -- lots of random short tones at different frequencies. This
succeeded in running me off the original run frequency, and it took a couple of
minutes to find and re-establish a new run frequency. Alas, the rate was never
very good from then on. Looking at the pan display on the 2nd radio on 20
meters, it became obvious that most of the action was on 20 rather than 40. I
spent the last 10 minutes on 20 doing S&P, but it certainly wasn't enough to
help very much. Looks like I'll need to consider more operation on 20 meters for
the 1300Z session as we get deeper into summer and conditions improve. See
everyone at 1900Z.

73...
Randy, W8FN