[3830] IARU NN7CW SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn7cw@gmx.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NN7CW SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 04:19:29 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:    21            4      11
   40:   257           13      10
   20:   454           15      14
   15:   363           16      21
   10:   115           11       7
-------------------------------------
Total:  1210    0      59      63  Total Score = 406,138

Club:

Comments:

No antennas for 160m and 80m, and the 40m (+20m/15m/10m) beam is nested at 25ft
(preparation for hurricane season), so I was missing half my usual fire power.
Therefore, I decided to casually spend 10h, do some keyer setting adjustments on
the side and see how far I get while allowing for food breaks and a movie with
the xyl.
No strategy, or sore-related priorities applied, so nothing fancy to report.

Generally much more civilized manners than what I experienced during the last
WPX and CQWW, so that's a plus.
I also spent some time watching my band scopes and man, the differences in
signal quality is crazy. I saw signals that occupied four times as much
bandwidth as equally strong, clean ones. Technology has moved on and all
manufacturers now offer relatively clean, well-performing alternatives. For the
sake of fair competition, it's time to get rid of your spark gap transmitters!

73
Wolf