[3830] IARU N1SNB SOAB(A)CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] IARU N1SNB SOAB(A)CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 14:10:08 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: N1SNB
Operator(s): N1SNB
Station: N1SNB

Class: SOAB(A)CW HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):
Radios: SO2R

  160:    12            2        1
   80:   110            9       16
   40:   401           21       37
   20:   404           27       36
   15:   159           12       16
   10:    84           11       11
-------------------------------------
Total:  1170    0      82      117  Total Score = 785,254

Club:

Comments:

Thanks for the QSOs.  My goal was 1000 QSOs.  Conditions seemed much better than
I expected.

Overall, this is really a fun contest.  I like chasing the HQ stations and the
multiplier scoring.

This was the first contest I've done running 1000w on each of the radios.  No
neighbor issues, no station interference.  So things worked pretty well -
although the amp found the 80/160 antennas to be a little disagreeable...so on
those bands more like 500w.

My plan was to always be CQing on 20 or 40 on the primary radio and using the
second radio w/solid state amp for mults.  This worked well when I stuck with it
but the most fruitful S & P was also on 40 and 20,  so I broke form often
and did some dueling CQing but I really couldn't get anything started on
80-15-10 run-wise.

Second goal was to try out new 160/80 Inverted-L.  Results were mixed.  160 was
meh and the antenna itself had narrow bandwidth.  80 was better and I was able
to work some EU but I wasn't loud and got sucked into some long QSO attempts
that were fruitless.

I have a clear next step for the fall and that's to upgrade the antenna
switching so that both radios share all antennas and the main antennas each have
their own dedicated feed-lines (i used remote control switches)...when I do that
I will improve on 80m/40m as I actually have several antennas that are workable.

One step at a time.