[3830] IARU WO1N SOAB(A)CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo1n@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] IARU WO1N SOAB(A)CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:23:26 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: WO1N
Operator(s): WO1N
Station: WO1N

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH: Massachusetts
Operating Time (hrs): 12

  160:    0     0       0        0
   80:   65     0       9       19
   40:  100     0      15       27
   20:  130     0      21       36
   15:   70     0      15       29
   10:   50     0       8        8
-------------------------------------

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

Station : FTdx5000, C3-SS@38', 40M-Dip@50', 80M-Dbl-L, N1MM+

Soapbox :

 I had this in the calendar but the family had bigger plans. Long story
but that resulted in about 3 hours sleep Friday night/Saturday morning
and dog walking duties for most of Saturday.

 Late start after the above mentioned impacts, was just getting into
a rhythm and the doorbell rings. No, I didn't want to force every
bug off my property with their new service.

 Earlier in the week playing around with FT-8 I attempted to swing the
beam west and it was making a god-awful noise. Of course it was
2 AM and the wife was not too happy since it is a house bracketed
tower next to our bedroom. Parked it on Europe and left it alone.

 Around noon my son showed up and I had him rotate while I went outside and
looked/listened. It was fine. Rotator has been up in the air since 1999,
maybe some PM is warranted.

 In the evening 40M was hopping. Again, started to get into a rhythm and
suddenly RF was knocking SO2R box off line. That has never happen before.
Power cycle on the box would restore it. Went to 80...

 Pulled the plug at 2 AM local for some sleep. Got on for the last 2
hours to really weird but fun conditions. No rate but great DX.

 Overall, a low energy effort. I just played around seeing what band
would support any Qs. Turns out I was able to work Europe on 10M until
about 1700 local. Actually using the station revealed some issues to
deal with. N1MM+ says about 12 hours total.

73,

Ken - WO1N