[3830] IARU NN5O SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn5olarry@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU NN5O SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:26:10 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: NN5O
Operator(s): NN5O
Station: NN5O

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: Tupelo, MS
Operating Time (hrs): 3:12

  160:
   80:
   40:   47     0      12       9
   20:   54     0       9      11
   15:   29     0       6       9
   10:   76     0       4       2
-------------------------------------

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Comments:

90 percent of my contacts were made with low power; however, I found that, in
order to work some of the more 'exotic' stations, I needed to boost my power for
those QSOs, so I turned on my amp for a short time.  Thus, I have to report that
I operated HP.  Doesn't matter to me, because I know I had much fun.

And, 10 meters was as hot as a scalding frying pan.  Couldn't believe how strong
some of the signals were on 10 meters!  Some were 20-30 dB over S9!

Congrats to all who worked the contest, especially to my pals in the Deep Dixie
Contest Club (DDCC). Yes, our club might not have the highest scores among all
clubs, but I am thrilled at how well some of our members performed, regardless.

It was great to work several members of the CWOps organization, too.  What a
great bunch of people!

Visit our Deep Dixie Contest Club web site -- http://deepdixiecc.org
And, our YouTube channel -- http://tinyurl.com/DDCCYouTube -- some good stuff
there!

73 all,

--Dr. Larry S. Anderson, NN5O   (ex-WB5EIN)
Tupelo, MS  (birthplace of Elvis)
Flex 6600M - 100w into horizontal loop up 35 ft (average)
Ameritron AL-800H used very seldom