[3830] IARU K7JQ SOAB(A)CW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, radiok7jq@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K7JQ SOAB(A)CW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 15:41:04 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: K7JQ
Operator(s): K7JQ
Station: K7JQ

Class: SOAB(A)CW LP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 8:15
Radios: SO2R

  160:
   80:
   40:   16             7       1
   20:  100             9       6
   15:   77             8       1
   10:   44             5       2
-------------------------------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

With my main antenna (screwdriver on a hill) down for the monsoon lightning
season, I was still able to put together an SO2R operation using the screwdriver
on my backyard steel fence and attic dipoles. The dipoles were previously
unusable due to my home and neighbors' ever increasing noise generating
electronics. My purchase of a West Mountain Radio CLRdsp noise reduction unit,
used in tandem with the IC-7300's internal NR circuit, proved very effective in
mitigating most of the noise, allowing me to use the attic dipoles again.

Glad to see 10 and 15M come alive, although conditions were still marginal here
with my compromised power and HOA restricted antennas. I only operated from
mid-morning to 5:30PM local time, due to increasing storm clouds. 99.5% S&P,
with a few DX Q's mixed in. Fun contest in limited time, and thanks for the
Q's!

73,  Bob K7JQ