[3830] IARU W9RE WRTC Practice LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9re@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] IARU W9RE WRTC Practice LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 11 Jul 2021 19:22:08 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: W9RE
Operator(s): W9RE N9NB
Station: W9RE

Class: WRTC Practice LP
QTH: IN
Operating Time (hrs): 24

  160:
   80:   160     8     15       20
   40:   589    59     54       34
   20:   743   139     57       39
   15:   438   104     44       37
   10:   267    18     15       15
-------------------------------------
Total:  2197   328    185      145  Total Score = 2,544,630

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Above zone equals countries.

Ted (N9NB) got here at 1 a.m. Friday morning.  I had borrowed 2 laptops and a pc
(WIN10 and N1MM)from K9NN since I don't do N1MM and WIN10 here.  I was able to
get the computers networked but N1MM was not completely set up until Friday.
Thanks to Craig, K9CT for help getting things working.  Thanks to Dave, W9PA for
the loan of a CM-500 headset on Friday at dinner since a brand new headset
failed after initial plugging in.

Craig and Scott (NE9U) and Ted and I were neck n neck throughout the whole
contest, it was interesting for probably those guys not exactly for me (I don't
do the scoreboard thing well) but Ted kept me posted as I was just trying to
make Q's.

We had a hamfest to attend Friday afternoon and a anniversary dinner Friday
night with W9PA, Dianne (his xyl), (congrats on wedding anniversary) Jay, W9TC,
Sandy (his wife), Ted, me and my wife Ann.  It lasted a while and didn't give us
all the time we needed to get all set up but we had 95% set up before heading to
bed.

Contest started slow but picked up after the first hour.  No real JA's here. We
worked the JA mult on 15 and 40 and the JA HQ on 20.  Less then 5 total.

Conditions obviously on 10 and 15 were unexpected and 20 a little lower then
expected.  All in all a good contest all around.

Thanks to all for the help and making it a great event.

We and K9CT followed almost all WRTC rules, no spots, no SCP, LP, etc.  It was a
great experience and thanks to all for making it fun.