[3830] IARU K1KI SOABCW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, frenaye@pcnet.com
Subject: [3830] IARU K1KI SOABCW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 15:22:14 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: K1KI
Operator(s): K1KI
Station: K1KI

Class: SOABCW HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

  160:    56    0       8       13
   80:   204    0      16       26
   40:   462    0      23       27
   20:   515    0      28       44
   15:   519    0      24       31
   10:   230    0      15       20
-------------------------------------
Total:  1986    0     114      161  Total Score = 1,660,450

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Comments:

(2nd try, didn't see my report from yesterday show up)

For some reason I wasn't focused for this contest.  Spent too much time chasing
multipliers and didn't follow my plans for when to be on which band.   Add to
that a couple of antenna problems...  My main/rotatable 20m Yagi developed a
flakey connection so I had to use one 45 feet lower on the tower that was fixed
on Eu.  After hearing W1AW/KL7 on 40m very loud to the southeast I realized the
40m Yagi was off by 180 degrees, thanks to a windstorm earlier in the week.
That was after the Eu opening ended.  Hard to believe I had more QSOs on 15m
than on either 20m or 40m!

To add to the entertainment, about 3am I found out that my bare foot was cut on
the edge of a power supply under the desk.  Doesn't everyone contest in bare
feet?  By the time I noticed it, the floor under my desk looked like a crime
scene with streaks of blood...

Even with the noted problems, I sure enjoyed the contest - summer conditions are
fun and there are few serious worldwide contests in the middle of the year.

73 Tom/K1KI