[3830] IARU K9UIY SOABCW LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9uiy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] IARU K9UIY SOABCW LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 13 Jul 2021 18:29:48 +0000
                    IARU HF World Championship - 2021

Call: K9UIY
Operator(s): K9UIY
Station: K9UIY

Class: SOABCW LP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 9:20

  160:
   80:   58     0       6       2
   40:   75     0      10       4
   20:   60     0      15      10
   15:   94     0       7       1
   10:  138     0       5       1
-------------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had planned a more ambitious effor4t for the contest a few months ago.
However I was made aware of a major family celebration -- a birthday party for
our 4 year old grandson for Saturday 10 July.  Of course I was okay with that
and figured about 8 hours being involved with the traval times and the party
itself.  So that would leave almost 16 hours for the contest.

But mid-morning (about 1630 Z) I got completely blindsided by news of my sister
in Maine tragically dying.  Complete and utter confusion and I found lost
interest for in this contest.  I managed to return to the radio because I
thought the diversion would help me to process the horrible news of her death.
To some extent it did, but after returning home from the subdued celebration of
our grandson's party, I just was not into the contest very much anymore.

But thanks to all for the Q's I was able to make.  It just was a somber time for
me and my immediate family.  Next year -- I surely hope it's better.

Vic  K9UIY