[3830] CWopsT KJ5T Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, steve@kj5t.net
Subject: [3830] CWopsT KJ5T Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 15 Jul 2021 03:58:14 +0000
                    CWops Mini-CWT Test - 0300Z Jul 15

Call: KJ5T
Operator(s): KJ5T
Station: KJ5T

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: TX
Operating Time (hrs): .9

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   1
   20:   6
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:   7  Mults = 7  Total Score = 49

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I hooked my FT-1000MkV Field up that I brought back from South Texas on Sunday,
it has never been on CW before.  I was trying to get a feel for the radio.  My
MicroHam device is not configured yet so I was sending by hand with an MFJ-564,
and frankly I should just throw this keyer out the window as it kept messing up
on me, part of that is my fist at 30wpm but the other part is this keyer is
really trash.  I am not anti-MFJ but this product stinks.  I was going to wait
until I was a better operator to get a higher-end paddle but I think I will try
to find something at Huntsville so I can get more comfortable doing hand
sending.

I am a bit conflicted, having the extra power of the FT-1000MkV Field is nice,
and this is a great rig for SSB/RTTY operating but my KX2 can get far more
narrow, and yes sometimes I go more narrow than 250hz during the CWTs to hear
folks.  Ultimately I think I will mainly do CW with the KX2 except for when I
want a little extra power for working DX and then I will use the FT-1000MkV
Field.