[3830] NAQP RTTY AE6JV Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae6jv@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY AE6JV Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 01:18:40 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: AE6JV
Operator(s): AE6JV
Station: AE6JV

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 2.2

   80:
   40:  11      5
   20:  56     25
   15:  13     10
   10:
-------------------
Total:  80     40  Total Score = 3,200

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #5

Comments:

I wasn't sure how much time I was going to lose to helping my wife pack for a
trip to CA, so I tried to under-promise. Well, packing interfered less than I
expected, so I got a good bit of operating done in the afternoon, about
1325-1540 local. I broke for dinner and the skies opened up and the rain came
down along with flash flood warnings on my phone. Along with the rain came
thunderstorms. The radar shows the storms continuing, so I decided to call it a
good day and not risk the equipment.

I started on 20M and there were a lot of stations. I ran S&P since I didn't
want to fight for a frequency. After about 1.4 hours, the rate dropped, and I
moved to 15M and did a combination of S&P and run. Conditions on 15M were
weak with few stations, so after about 0.3 hours, I had exhausted all the
stations I could see on my waterfall and shifted to 40M. 40M was better than
15M, but I guessed it would be better in the local evening and night when I
planned to return to operate some more. The thunderstorms put paid to that idea.