[3830] CQWW VHF W9SZ Hilltopper QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w9sz.zack@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W9SZ Hilltopper QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 18 Jul 2021 02:46:02 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: W9SZ
Operator(s): W9SZ
Station: W9SZ

Class: Hilltopper QRP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 6

    6:  17     12
    2:  10      7
-------------------
Total:  27     19  Total Score = 703

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

I had a choice of working either the first 6 hours or the last 6 hours of the
contest. Hilltopper is always a gamble because you don't know if the time period
you pick will have a 6m opening. I chose the first 6 hours. Our weather forecast
had a chance of rain but it never happened and the weather was perfect. 6m was
open for the first hour and a half of the contest to New England / East Coast.
Then that band went dead for a while. I worked a few local stations. I made some
144 MHz QSO's but condx on that band weren't so good. Four hours into the
contest I was hearing beacons from out west / Texas on 6m but no stations from
those areas. A 6m opening to New England started to appear again right at the
end of my operating time. I don't know how that turned out. I only had time to
work a couple VE's.