[3830] NAQP RTTY NN4RB Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn4rb@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP RTTY NN4RB Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 00:02:07 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, RTTY - July

Call: NN4RB
Operator(s): NN4RB
Station: NN4RB

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 5:15

   80:   23    16
   40:   49    25
   20:   43    23
   15:    7     7
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total:  123    72  Total Score = 8,856

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team:

Comments:

Late getting started because of weather and antenna not performing as expected.
Operation was sporadic. I am not happy with SteppIR performance on 20 meters and
above.  It worked fine in Bi-directional mode, so that is where I used it.  Once
I moved down to 40 meters, the antenna worked as expected and the contest became
fun when I was not thinking about what is wrong with the antenna.  Saw Harry's
(N3MM) post before the end and my goal immediately shifted to do better.  I quit
at about mid-night with hopes of getting up on Sunday morning and work the VHF
contest.  Middle son came over Sunday morning and we worked (played) with
electrical problems on an old pickup truck that he got.  Quit at about 5 PM
Sunday afternoon, so no VHF to report.

Rick
NN4RB

N1MM+
MMTTY, 2-Tone, & ICOM 7610 Decode

ICOM IC-7610
SteppIR 3E/40
32' Vertical with remote tuner
80 Meter OWA Dipole at 50' with KAT-500 Tuner at the base of feeder