[3830] CQWW VHF KS1PPY SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, evan.sippert@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF KS1PPY SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 01:36:58 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: KS1PPY
Operator(s): KS1PPY
Station: KS1PPY

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: Warrenton
Operating Time (hrs): 19
Radios: SO2R

    6:   98    42
    2:   36    14
-------------------
Total:  134    56  Total Score = 9,520

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Super Slow start between power outages at the house, and rain/lightening delays
for almost everyone in range.

Bands were not as fantastic as I'm sure everyone hoped they would be, but still
managed to pick up a few DX's in one or two good propagation openings that I was
present for.

Mostly still sticking with Digital Modes, because it is what I'm most familiar
with, but did start a precedent of swapping to Side-Bands at the top of every
hour and trying a cycle through for a 15 minute of calling CQ and seeing if
anyone is listening.  Hope to add add more of those kinds of QSO's for future
contests, but it would definitely be more worth it if I could work multiple
stations on multiple bands/modes to make it worth contacting the same stations
around me in more ways.

Absolutely thrilled with the performance of the new LMR-400 and yagi's I put in
place for both 2m and 6m.  Maybe one day I will get a real tower with real
rotators, but for now the PVC mast and the RCA TV rotator, with some little 4
and 5 element yagi's made the job much easier than VHF contests I've tried in
the past.

First time ever in a CQWW contest.  Hopefully I didn't set the bar too high for
myself to do better on next time another contest like this happens, but had a
lot of fun as usual.