[3830] CQWW VHF W9KXI SOAB HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, aoldfiel@stny.rr.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW VHF W9KXI SOAB HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Jul 2021 13:59:17 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide VHF Contest - 2021

Call: W9KXI
Operator(s): W9KXI
Station: W9KXI

Class: SOAB HP
QTH: FN12ne
Operating Time (hrs): 14
Radios: SO2R

    6:  197   115
    2:   21    13
-------------------
Total:  218   128  Total Score = 30,592

Club: Mt Airy VHF Radio Club

Comments:

Saturday was exclusively 6m, especially after the 2M vswr began increasing at an
ever increasing rate, eventually shutting down the amplifier.  I then used any
slow time on 6M to chase down the problem.  By the last two hours of the
contest, 2M was operational again.  Good...because there were few stations on
6M.

Opening to Europe experienced by others.  There was none of that in FN12ne.
Stations on the East coast had it and stations West of me had it but there was
none here.  Such is life.

Rain and Lightning on Saturday.  The rain Saturday was no an issue but the
lightning was. When you hear a "sizzle" followed by immediately by a
"BANG", you shut down and ground the antennas.
https://www.lightningmaps.org/ is my friend.

I...had great fun.  Thank you to the sponsors and the folks who got on.