[3830] NAQP CW K8CN Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K8CN@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW K8CN Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 09 Aug 2021 11:19:36 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - August

Call: K8CN
Operator(s): K8CN
Station: K8CN

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: NH
Operating Time (hrs): 3.0

  160:    2     2
   80:   59    21
   40:   58    24
   20:   10     6
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  129    53  Total Score = 6,837

Club: Yankee Clipper Contest Club

Team:

Comments:

I don't recall ever putting much time into this event, and this year was no
exception. Still not sure the reasons why that is the case. Spent much of the
day painting the guest bedroom, and NAQP was relaxation by comparison - easier
to correct my mistakes in logging than in paint! I had set no goals, but as time
passed I got excited over the occasional new section.

Starting at 0100Z gave very few Qs on 20, although propagation was very good to
W5-land.  40 was decidedly a struggle through 0400Z when I pulled the big
switch, and 80 was surprisingly better.  I sure miss my Lazy H on 20 and 40 - it
was much better than the relatively lower 135 foot doublet I now use on all
bands.

It was good to run into old Ann Arbor friend Steve, K8QKY as well as a few of my
Thursday night NCCC Sprint buddies.

Thanks for the Qs, especially those who stayed with my weak signals to complete
the exchange.

73, Mike K8CN

Rig: K3/10 at 5 watts; 135 foot doublet at 40 feet up, used on all bands.