[3830] WAE CW OL5Y Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] WAE CW OL5Y Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 16 Aug 2021 10:19:32 +0000
                    WAE DX Contest, CW - 2021

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 32
Radios: SO2R

   80:   28    20    64
   40:  254   587   165
   20:  406  1127   146
   15:   87   163    80
   10:    7     0    10
-------------------------
Total:  782  1897   465  Total Score = 1,245,270

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

I like this contest. Receiving QTCs is similar to intensive pile-ups (with one
caller), and you can enjoy it even with a small station. But thanks to dates, I
did not have many years an opportunity to participate seriously. This weekend
was different - thanks to my family, I could operate a whole contest. CONDX on
10 were dead, 15 and 80 were not good too. The fun worked on 20/40. On Sunday
arrived a thunderstorm which affected mainly 40 (and dead 80, of course). But
generally, I enjoyed it a lot! I definitely need to practice - this year
expecting many errors...
I need to say that the contest changed if I compared it with my efforts 20 years
ago :-) N1MM+ software helps a lot, but QTC mode in SO2R with two keyboards is
very complex and would need some "tuning" to be perfect and operator
friendly. But it is a huge improvement over the version I remember - thank you,
N1MM+ team! (I will describe several issues later directly).
I understand that begging for QTCs is annoying for non-EU stations - thank you
for your patience; it wouldn't be fun without you. So thank you again all for
calling me or answering my call, and giving QTCs!
So thank you all for calling me or answering my call and giving QTCs!
73! Martin

RIG: SunSDR MB1 + IC756, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack master,
switches...
ANT:
80: Inv. V @ 19m
40: 3-el Yagi (AD-3446) @ 25m (82 ft.) + Inv. V @ 19m