[3830] KRC SST OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, elefa@wippies.fi
Subject: [3830] KRC SST OH5ZA(OH1ZAA) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 20 Aug 2021 21:19:28 +0000
                    K1USN Slow Speed Test - Aug 20

Call: OH5ZA
Operator(s): OH1ZAA
Station: OH5ZA

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KP21SA
Operating Time (hrs): 1

  160:
   80:
   40:   6     7
   20:   3     2
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:   9     9  Total Score = 81

Club: Contest Club Finland

Comments:

Since weeks a wide C3-flare peaking at 1600Z and
stretching most of the time over the B/C-border
till 1720Z. Not doing much for us in the dark
so much later. Geomag was quiet, but it did not
help for 14 MHz. Looked like low loss on 7 MHz.

CT7AUP first, and generally booming G3WZD heard
very weak. PA2ST was at fair strength but could
not hear me on 14 MHz. Changed band to 7 MHz and
got a few calls not aware of SST. One got me as
OH4ZA and there was no way to get it corrected
despite good signal levels. At 2030Z I planned
to give it up, but then PA2ST firing away strong.
This time it worked out. OK1CBA DM6EE, then Frans
PA0INA booming. We tried 3.5 MHz but nil. Later
14 MHz worked out well between us, but I had to
use the linear. Finally fruitless CQs on 7 MHz.

Cheers/73, Zaba OH1ZAA #1856 CWops