[3830] NAQP SSB K4PQC Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, phil.specht@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4PQC Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 15:43:13 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K4PQC
Operator(s): K4PQC
Station: K4PQC

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 8.1

  160:   1      1
   80:   8      8
   40:  37     20
   20:   2      2
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  48     31  Total Score = 1,488

Club: Metro Atlanta Telephone Pioneer ARC

Team: SECC#2

Comments:

This was the most fun I never had.  Nearby thunder storms and noisy bands,  all
were S-9 or more. Static and lightning crashes filled the bands so I could only
hear the loudest of the loud.  The first band I tried to Run was 15 meters and a
XE1-- came back and I couldn't get call or any other information.  This left me
with no other option except to find strong signals. Usually my vertical is
fairly quiet but not for the NAQP, it too was noisy.  Rig: K3+ @ 100 watts &
160 meter loop @ 30'.  Surprising I had no trouble being heard.  Usually on the
first call stations came back to me even in pile-ups. Something else didn't help
were stations with poor and almost unreadable recordings.