[3830] NAQP SSB WN6K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, WN6K@cox.net
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB WN6K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 17:47:29 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: WN6K
Operator(s): WN6K
Station: WN6K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 9:30

  160:    0     0
   80:   25     4
   40:  232    49
   20:  198    43
   15:    2     2
   10:    0     0
-------------------
Total:  457    98  Total Score = 44,786

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Team: SCCC

Comments:

At ‘GAME TIME’ it started drizzling here. When I tried the SteppIR out, it
would not load correctly.  I think that there are micro cracks in the tubing
someplace because it seems to clear itself when fair weather returns.

But that was the hand that was dealt so after fiddling for half an hour, I
kicked Nero out of the shack and barreled on.  I got 100w out and abt 25
reflected but folks would eventually come back on my early S&Ps to gather
some multis. (A quick look on 10 & 15 showed those were going to be ‘lost
leaders’ so I nailed myselft to the chair on 20.  Needless to say, the band
was wall to wall so I just got in line on pileups and crawled slowly up and down
for the first hours. A couple of times, I would find an empty spot and actually
could experience some pileups.

As the afternoon waned a bit, a few EUs (a G,GI & IT9 ) worked me patiently
letter by letter getting thru the incredible noise and that was very fun.  Later
just before it was open to anywhere, I moved to 40m. Pointing northward working
the easy west coast entrants until a glimmer of nightfall allowed the east to be
worked.  I heard Kent in Hawaii on the backside and when I reversed the SteppIR,
I could hear KH6CJJ easily so the antenna was working a bit.  Later on a
Brazilian earnestly kept calling and when I ‘flipped ‘ his was out of the
mud he popped.

I did a little 80m but heard not one on 160m

Hope my ‘score’ adds a smidgeon -

Hope that Annie will be heard singing about the Sun is out again soon.

WN6K, Paul
SO1R - LP