[3830] NAQP SSB K4SBZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K4SBZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 18:49:46 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K4SBZ
Operator(s): K4SBZ
Station: K4SBZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Florida
Operating Time (hrs): 8

  160:
   80:    9     7
   40:  198    40
   20:   63    29
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  270    76  Total Score = 20,520

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: ORANGE CRUSH 1

Comments:

I developed an equipment problem about= two hours into the contest. I spend over
an hour trying to rectify it but was only able to get it to the
                                                                      point
where I could still operate, but would still get knocked off the air
occasionally.

10 and 15 meters were both dead. 20 was not bad, but faded out a little after
mid-afternoon. I checked back with 20 just before midnight and was able to work
3 stations, Alaska and two Hawaii. Tried 80 around 0030Z and made a few
contacts, but it wasn't very active and was very noisy from thunderstorms. Tried
it again later and it was dead. So, 40 meters was the money band and that had a
lot of QSB and very little activity beyond the Mississippi.

Enjoyed using Contest Online Scoreboard to watch how my club, team and I were
doing compared with others. It made the contest seem more  "live."