[3830] NAQP SSB KT4Q Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kt4q.nc@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB KT4Q Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 22 Aug 2021 21:19:57 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: KT4Q
Operator(s): KT4Q
Station: KT4Q

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 10

  160:    4     4
   80:  146    37
   40:  429    53
   20:  157    30
   15:    4     4
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  742   130  Total Score = 96,460

Club: Deep Dixie Contest Club

Team: Deep Dixie CC Team Elvis

Comments:

I was unable to start this one until an hour and fifteen minutes late.  Felt I
was always trying to catch up.  40M was definitely the money band this year.  I
started out on a frequency that after 45 minutes became a lighthouse station
that I could not hear them but it was being shared.  So I QSYed to another
frequency and I was hammer down for the next 3 hours.  20 meters was okay but
signals were fading in and out of locations so I patiently kept working until 20
dried up.  Was able to work a local ham on 10m/15m and worked a few NA dx.  On
80m my noise level was very high at +10 to +15 but still was able to work for
over 2 hours and be productive.  160m was nearly impossible.  High noise floor
but picked up a few mults.

Overall this was the first phone contest effort after getting all my antennas up
in the air.  Very pleased with the capability of my station now.  Worked several
radio friends.  Unfortunately over the last three weeks I am recovering from
being tested positive with COVID.  I am fortunate to have had my two
vaccinations which reduced the effects of the virus but the entire contest I
could have easily laid down to sleep immediately.  Anxious for the next contest
event.

Rig:   Yaesu FTdx5000 MPL (@100w)
Ants:  Cushcraft X7 + X740 @ 50'
       Carolina Windom 80 @ 40'