[3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB K3KU Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 24 Aug 2021 19:51:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - August

Call: K3KU
Operator(s): K3KU
Station: K3KU

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3:30

  160:    8     5
   80:   65    24
   40:   53    20
   20:    2     2
   15:    1     1
   10:    2     2
-------------------
Total:  131    54  Total Score = 7,074

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Team: PVRC MD Metro Team #1

Comments:

Started about 0130Z.  The strategic quick check of 20M for easy mult's indicated
it was marginally open to... NU5A.

Then down to 40M for a while, until zipping up to 10M for the scheduled local
late session -- 2 QSOs for 2 mult's, and one of them moved to 15M, too.

I don't need to add to all the comments about noisy bands and poor condx and
QSB. Another experience of poor SSB copying skills.  When running, I told
several stations "Sorry, I'm not good enough to pull you out."  And I
heard other callers where I could not even get that far.  I was feeling like an
alligator and considered not calling CQ.  But then things got better on 75M for
a while, and I had a short run.

Around 05Z I couldn't find any audible new stations, so I QRT.