[3830] WWDigi S53R SOSB80 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] WWDigi S53R SOSB80 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 29 Aug 2021 16:43:41 +0000
                    World Wide Digi DX Contest - 2021

Call: S53R
Operator(s): S53R
Station: S53R

Class: SOSB80 HP
QTH: JN76AA
Operating Time (hrs): 14:46

  160:
   80:  344    43
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
-------------------
Total:  344    43  Total Score = 26,488

Club: Slovenia Contest Club

Comments:

Had a busy Saturday and could only operate over night, hence decided to go
single band. 40 would have been the real thing, but my antennas just ain't big
enough. 80, on the other hand, isn't much of a band during the summer months,
but with phased verticals and the RX systems already up for winter, there were
surprisingly many DXs available.

A few observations and comments.

Loads of activity and despite FTx modes not being my cup of tea really, it is
great to see the bands busy!

Many people don't confirm the QSO after the "R + Loc" sequence and go
straight back to CQ. Not only this creates uneccessary confusion, but
considering the speed of exchanges and the number of QSOs made, such practice
doesn't save any time and for sure does not help speeding up things. To the
contrary!

Another strange habit observed with a number of stations was that they were
dashing out reports to different statins without completing the previous QSO(s),
and only after they would come back with a series of RR73 or 73. Beats me....

CU you soon from 9N.