[3830] KsQP K0I(KI0I) Mobile Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] KsQP K0I(KI0I) Mobile Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 05 Sep 2021 00:23:58 +0000
                    Kansas QSO Party - 2021

Call: K0I
Operator(s): KI0I
Station: K0I/XXX

Class: Mobile Unlimited HP
QTH: KS counties
Operating Time (hrs): 18

   80:    21
   40:   235    32
   20:   936   108
   15:     5     4
   10:
    6:
----------------------------
Total:  1197   144      0  Mults = 52  Total Score = 201,708

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

First I apologize for a sloppy job on the key this weekend. I failed to attend
to an issue I`ve had in the past with this paddle. I got home and sunday eve I
took it all apart and cleaned the moving parts and springs. I think I cured it,
the dit side was intermittent ,making for a lot of crappy sending. Something I
should hae done pre contest , I know.
After a week of trout fishing with my wife as part of our 37th anniv ,I had to
throw together my mobile rig friday night and finished early Saturday morning
before heading to Kansas. Luckily its only a half hour or so to the State line
from home.
It`s hard enough speeding down the road sending code by hand without a ornery
paddle wreaking havoc. hihi
Anyway, I had a really fun weekend running mobile around southeast Kansas.
Kansas has more tax money than my home state of Missouri, that`s judging by the
number of road projects going on. I ran into at least a half dozen bridge
rebuilds with one way traffic and a stop light to control the flow of one way
traffic. There was one with a problem that I sat in line for 20min waiting my
turn. My sked was off so bad for sat. I had to skip a couple counties on the
list. Luckily those were covered well by others.
My lil Honda Accord ran well and there were no puffs of smoke from the
radio,tuner and amp in the backseat, thats always a plus! I did kill one small
bird that hit my windshield ,and nearly rear ended another small car that
decided there was space to pull out in front of me as I was doing 65mph, wrong!

Both days the weather was good for me ,no storms on top of me like other parts
of the state,that was lucky.
It`s so much fun to get out and take part in a top of the class qso party.
Bob does a tremendous job of organizing it so we can all have fun! THANK YOU BOB
!!!
The Band was better Sunday after a bit of a weak performance on Saturday.
Thankyou to the guys and gals(which are growing in numbers!)who chase the
mobiles county to county ,It`s so much more fun with many callers keeping things
going..
I put 1003 miles on the odometer for the weekend and many went by unnoticed
because of the activity.
The mobile setup was an Icom 7100 and a solid state 500w amp running about
300-350w thru a MFJ998 tuner to a variety ofmobile antennas. Any more power and
the car throws a fit.! A ball mount held a hustler mast with 15-20-40cw coils.A
tri mag mount on opposite side of car on the trunk lid carried a short homemade
mast with 80cw and 40ssb coils. I`ll post a pic on my qrz page later. The Begali
simplex paddle , winkeyer and radio head were mounted on a ply board that rides
on the armrest. A two port coax switch lets me switch the antennas for my
needs.
Thanks all for a fun weekend and again to W0BH Bob.
73 til next time
Mark KI0I alias K0I/m